Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 2 April 2017
Job Title: Analyst
Working For: Centre for Cities
Salary: c£30k – c£35k
To be an Analyst you will need to have a good knowledge of UK cities and their economic performance, an established track record of designing, managing and delivering research projects, and be able to write high quality reports and blogs.
• Lead project teams and oversee delivery of high quality outputs (research & events) for our key audiences – central government, cities and business.
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative economic and policy research on cities in the UK.
• Play a leading role in the Centre’s policy development with respect to housing and planning, and provide the team with expertise and thought leadership in related policy areas.
• Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team.
• Represent the Centre’s interests and positions to external policy networks in Whitehall, cities, and business.
• Maintain a network of contacts in cities, government, business and academic organisations.
• Input into fundraising activities, including preparation of proposals, meetings and presentations with potential partners and monitoring relationships and opportunities, as required by the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• Good knowledge of UK urban economic research and policy, in particular detailed understanding of UK housing market patterns and their effects on the economic growth of UK cities.
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand data and draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme.
• Applied experience of using statistical packages, e.g. STATA, Arcview, to undertake quantitative analysis.
• Experience of engaging with policy-makers in cities and or Whitehall.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to juggle competing deadlines.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
• Good first degree in economics or related subject that provides the experience and skills to carry out thorough research and policy thinking on urban policy, particularly related to the economic performance of cities.
Closing Date: 2 April 2017
Start Date: ASAP.
Interviews, including a written test, will be held in w/c 10th of April 2017.
For an information pack and application form, visit http://www.centreforcities.org/about/jobs-and-internships. Your can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7803 4300 if you would like more information.