Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: John Lamont MSP and Rachael Hamilton MSP (South Scotland)
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience
John Lamont MSP & Rachael Hamilton MSP are looking for a full-time parliamentary assistant to help them with their parliamentary duties in Edinburgh and the South of Scotland. This is an exciting time for Scottish politics and for the Scottish Conservatives: the successful candidate will help support the offices of two opposition MSPs and will help contribute to the primary aim of the party of holding the SNP to account.
• Arranging meetings and diary management.
• General Parliamentary Office administration and support.
• Drafting responses and letters to constituents on a range of issues.
• Responsibility for social media content.
• Newspaper and other media monitoring.
Skills required include:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Candidates should have strong organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as part of a small team.
• Good IT skills and a strong working knowledge of the MS Office.
• An understanding of the Scottish Parliament and issues affecting the South of Scotland is desirable.
• Flexibility to work between Edinburgh and areas of the South of Scotland on an occasional basis.
• The ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative Party.
See http://www.johnlamont.org/ and www.rachaelhamilton.co.uk.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Please note, closing is at noon.
Interviews to be held as soon as possible after the closing date. Start date negotiable.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Ross Sanderson email@example.com. For further details, call Ross Sanderson on 0131 3486533.
Due to the number of applications likely to be received, if you do not hear from us within a week, you can presume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.