Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 28 March 2017
Job Title: Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
Working For: Save the Children
Salary: £32,000 per annum
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual with experience in Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns to join us as Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager where you will lead and drive influencing activities in support of Save the Children’s objectives in Wales.
As Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of policy, advocacy and campaign initiatives and strategy in Wales. You will be responsible for leading a small team who will influence decision-makers to drive change for children. The focus of our work in Wales is to improve the learning outcomes of children in their early years, who are living in poverty in Wales. In addition, you will:
• Work closely with central policy, advocacy and campaigns teams and programmes teams to ensure a consistent and unified approach
• Lead the development and delivery of Assembly and Government relations strategies. Support our external presence in Wales and continue to build our external profile and influence
• Work with the Programmes team to gather the voices and perspectives of families, to create strong policy, advocacy and campaigns work
To be successful as Senior Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager you will have experience in all three PAC disciplines - specifically policy work. In addition you will have:
• Demonstrable high level of competence at networking and influencing and the ability to work at all levels of a large and complex organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of the impact of poverty on children and families
• Experience of line management
• Highly developed analytical writing skills and the ability to analyse complex data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills at a level appropriate for high level external representation and the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
Fluency in Welsh is desirable.
Closing Date: 28 March 2017
To apply please visit our website via the link https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/senior-policy-advocacy-and-campaigns-manager---wales-3044/3070/description/.