Date Added: 15 March 2017
: 27 March 2017
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Nia Griffith MP (Llanelli)
Salary: As per IPSA rates
Nia Griffith MP requires an office manager, based in her office in Llanelli, and able to work across the constituency. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, well-organised, confident with the public and thoroughly conversant with current affairs at both national and local level. The role involves some evening and weekend work, and outdoor site visits.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Manage all aspects of the office and the MP’s office team, and develop closer collaboration with the AM’s team
• Manage the MP’s output on social media and in the wider press, and respond to enquiries from the media, lobbyists, pressure groups, constituents, councillors and other representatives
• Lead on community engagement, including organising events and notifying target groups and standing in for the MP when necessary
• Ensure the efficient management of tasks within the office including duty rotas, casework, research, correspondence and diary management
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• The ability to deal with casework and research, work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail;
• Proficiency in IT, including data management, websites and social media;
• The ability to prioritise their own workload and that of others;
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2017
Interviews in the week beginning 28th March. Start date: 5th June.
Apply with CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. Only candidates invited for interview will be notified.