Date Added: 15 March 2017
: 2 April 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: Bircham Dyson Bell LLP
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
We are looking for a Public Affairs Adviser to join the firm's Government and Infrastructure Department to advise our clients with PR, public affairs and external relations support. This is a full time, 12-month maternity cover role and will based at the firm’s offices in Westminster, London.
BDB is a multi-disciplinary UK law firm advising private companies, public sector bodies, not-for-profit organisations and individuals. Our Public Affairs team provides strategic and practical communications and public affairs advice and support on a wide range of projects and issues.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Monitoring information sources in order to keep clients informed of any developments related to their field of activity
- Advising clients on how to respond to information related to their field of activity
- Monitoring and Reporting - notification or supply of reports and documentation and monitoring through various tools
- Undertaking political audits to help clients understand relevant local political and development priorities, identify key local decision-makers and influencers, and also highlight potential opportunities and threats
- Advise on the use of communications channels including social media.
Candidates must have good communications skills and knowledge of political systems, public affairs and public relations, as well as the energy and drive to deal with demanding clients nationwide. The ability to multitask and prioritise, reacting to urgent client demands, is key.
Candidates would preferably have experience of working in a consultancy or an in-house role with responsibility for providing advice and guidance to clients, colleagues and other third parties regarding communications activity and the public policy process.
For further information please see https://www.bdb-law.co.uk/careers/application/.
Closing Date: 2 April 2017
We will be reviewing applications and arranging interviews on an ongoing basis before the deadline so please do not wait until the deadline to submit your CV.
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter to HRrecruitment@bdb-law.co.uk.