Date Added: 16 March 2017
: 26 March 2017
Job Title: Campaigning Officer
Working For: Cancer Research UK
Salary: £29,750 PA + excellent benefits
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with experience of political campaigning who can help us beat cancer sooner?
At CRUK we work to inspire volunteers, unite the scientific community, educate the public and tell our story to the Government to bring about change. Our Campaigning Officer will help support and mobilise CRUK’s supporters to influence their MPs and other decision makers.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a sharp-minded individual to help keep cancer high on the political agenda by:
- Supporting the development of the campaigning function for CRUK, including online and offline activity
- Creating and building innovative digital campaigning actions and emails in order to engage supporters and the public in our work, using our campaigning tools and databases
- Supporting our volunteer ‘Cancer Campaigns Ambassadors’ from across the UK to campaign in their local area
- Work alongside other teams across the charity, including Public Affairs, Policy Development, Prevention and the Communications department, to develop messages and secure publicity and support for campaigns
Why this role?
Cancer Research UK has a history of mobilising supporters to achieve political change – for example ‘Smokefree Workplaces’, investment in radiotherapy services, and most recently ensuring tobacco will be sold in plain, standardised cigarette packs. By joining our award-winning team, you’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of our organisation and campaigning whilst developing all the skills and experience you need for your future career.
Who are we looking for?
To join our team you’ll need:
- Political campaigning experience
- Experience or strong interest in digital communications
- Project management experience including initiating, planning and implementing campaigns
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop new and existing collaborative relationships with staff and supporters
- Interest in and understanding of the role of the voluntary sector, Government and parliamentary processes, and health issues.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
Closing Date: 26 March 2017
Please apply via our website: https://cancer-research-uk-jobs.tal.net/vx/appcentre-External/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/6395-Campaigning-Officer/en-GB.