Date Added: 16 March 2017
: 16 May 2017
Job Title: Projects Director
Working For: Beyond Borders Scotland
Salary: Dependent on experience
Beyond Borders Scotland is advertising for a full-time Projects Director on an initial 6-month contract who will oversee all project work for a small Edinburgh-based NGO. Contract to be reviewed after 6 months with potential to renew.
This is an exciting role in a small dynamic team at a bespoke organisation dedicated to fostering peace and greater understanding between peoples and cultures through art, literature, and dialogue. Responsibilities include oversight and development of dialogue, mediation and rule of law capacity building projects.
Candidates should have a graduate degree in politics, law, international relations or related disciplines and extensive work experience in a political/diplomatic environment. They should also have excellent and demonstrable communication and writing skills, track record in project fundraising, ability to handle diplomatic projects, manage budgets, and work with a wide range of people. The role requires someone who is persistent, resourceful, imaginative, able to work well under pressure, prepared to manage a small team and able to balance many projects at one time.
• Oversee staff and consultants
• Oversee all project events
• Lead on identifying new opportunities and writing proposals
• Oversee editing process for all Beyond Borders publications
• Oversee maintenance of project budgets and records
Events and Cultural Projects
• Oversee delivery of Beyond Borders International Festival and wider cultural programme
• Manage and develop relations with partners
• Maintain oversight of branding
• Work with Festival Site Manager and oversee staff
Office Administration and Staff Management
• Maintain oversight of branding and communications inc website development, outreach and all company materials
• Develop company’s profile, nationally and internationally
• Ensure oversight of Projects Officers’ workloads and set development goals, providing training where appropriate
• During cultural programme season – maintain oversight of festival team, inc division of labour, development, welfare and communications
• Identify potential opportunities and develop relationships with potential funders and partners (for both cultural and international projects)
Closing Date: 16 May 2017
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early application is recommended. This advertisement may be withdrawn before the closing date.
Please send a CV and one page cover letter to Jessica Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate salary expectations, and your availability to start.