Date Added: 16 March 2017
: 16 May 2017
Job Title: Outreach and Communications Manager
Working For: Beyond Borders Scotland
Salary: Dependent on experience
Beyond Borders Scotland is seeking an Outreach and Communications Manager on an initial 6-month contract.
This is an exciting role in a small dynamic team at a bespoke organisation dedicated to fostering peace and greater understanding between peoples and cultures through art, literature and dialogue. Responsibilities will include management and delivery of wide-ranging marketing and communications strategy. The role requires someone who is persistent, resourceful, imaginative, able to work well under pressure, prepared to work within a small team and able to balance competing priorities.
• Maintain oversight of the company branding and communications, outreach, and company materials
• Develop company’s profile, nationally and internationally
• Identify potential opportunities and develop relationships with funders and partners
• Represent organisation on behalf of directors, inc at public events
• Identify and respond to opportunities to increase visibility of organisation
Events and Cultural Projects
• Develop and implement promotional strategy of Beyond Borders International Festival and wider cultural programme
• Develop relations and network with partners and potential funders
• Liaise with local and national media outlets
• Enhance social media and outreach strategies
• Maintain oversight of festival and event branding
• Develop marketing material with designer
• Experience of developing and implementing wide ranging marketing and outreach strategies
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to understand fundraising needs and confidently present to internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to represent organisation publicly
• Fundraising and report writing skills
• Self-starter with excellent organisational skills and ability to plan own workload and meet tight and competing deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience of arts or cultural project development and management
• Interest in international affairs and awareness of global cultural dynamics
• Skills in design or experience of creating promotional material
• Experience using content management systems
Flexible working patterns will be considered, including part-time.
Closing Date: 16 May 2017
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled. Early application is recommended. This listing may be removed before the closing date.
Please send a CV and one page cover letter to Jessica Forsythe at email@example.com.
Please indicate salary expectations, preferred working pattern and your availability to start.