Date Added: 17 March 2017
: 26 March 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Secretary
Working For: Ben Howlett MP (Bath)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
There is a possible vacancy for a Caseworker/Secretary in Ben Howlett MP’s constituency office. For the right candidate, we will consider either a full time or part time appointment. Please state on your application which you would prefer, and if part time preferred days/hours.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated, very organised, reliable and at ease working as part of a team or unsupervised. They will be able to manage a large workload, demonstrating a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Writing letters in response to correspondence and queries from members of the public
• Liaising with constituents both face-to-face and over the phone
• Liaising with Government departments, local councils, and other organisations to resolve constituency matters
• Assisting the Member with constituency surgeries
• Arranging tours for school groups and constituents
• General office admin
• Managing the Member’s diary
• Secretarial and administrative support
• Event organisation and management
The ideal candidate will:
• Be exceptionally organised, with an appreciation of the importance of attention to detail
• Have an excellent knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet with a strong knowledge of the Office 365 suite
• Have good telephone manner
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be confident updating websites
• Be willing to work hard as part of a team
• Be sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative party
Previous experience in an MP’s office is advantageous but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 March 2017
Interviews to be held on 3rd April 2017 in Bath.
Start date: Summer 2017.
Please send a one page cover letter, detailing your suitability for the role, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please call 01225 311 422.
Please note, that due to the expected large volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard back by 1st April, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
23 March 2017: the closing date for this advert has been extended to 26 March 2017.