Date Added: 17 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Receptionist
Working For: Embassy of Ethiopia, London
Salary: As per Embassy Scale
The Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia is looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our small and friendly front of house team.
- Receive all incoming calls and handle them courteously and efficiently; Redirect calls to appropriate staff and take any messages accurately
- Assist with any questions or queries customers may have
- Act as first point of contact for all visitors to the Embassy
- Ensure all incoming post and deliveries are sorted and distributed to appropriate staff members
- Tidy and maintain the reception area
- Perform other administrative and clerical tasks as and when required, such as assisting with events
- Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve
- Fluency in both English and Amharic (written and spoken) is essential
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You will need to be a self-starter and be able to multi-task, think on your feet and have excellent attention to detail
- Must have previous reception experience
- High School Diploma and above
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
The Embassy will notify you of the date of the written exam.
Interviews will be held on 30th and 31st March, 2017
Start date: ASAP
Interested candidates for this vacancy must submit the following for consideration of their application
- Covering letter, no more than one side of A4 outlining how you meet the above requirements
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Ref: Reception-Ethiopia
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure documents are either in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat PD format.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.