Date Added: 17 March 2017
: 30 March 2017
Job Title: Social Research Internship
Working For: The Research Base
Salary: Living Wage (£8.45 an hour)
The Research Base is an international research consultancy based in Brighton, with a particular focus on education and skills, third sector research and international development. We are currently seeking a social research intern who will work across our range of projects in general research, market intelligence, and monitoring and evaluation. The intern will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills in a busy, friendly consultancy. The internship may eventually lead to a more permanent Research Assistant position.
The research intern’s duties will include, but not be limited, to:
- Delivering desk research in a variety of topics, including education/skills and international development
- Helping the team with analysis
- Proofing and summarising substantial research papers
- Undertaking occasional internal research projects, including ThinkBase articles
- Supporting the team with pieces of ad hoc work as appropriate
- Social media support
- Office support and administration, as required
The intern will be offered on-the-job training in social research methodology and other relevant areas.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to condense complex information into straightforward summaries
- Quantitative data skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in social research, education or international development
- Degree level or Masters level in social sciences or humanities
Closing Date: 30 March 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of Friday 31 March. Please keep Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 April available for interviews.
Please send a CV and cover letter, of no more than two pages each, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Thursday 30 March 2017. If you have any questions regarding this role and/or the application process, please email the same address by the end of Monday 27 March.