Date Added: 21 March 2017
: 14 May 2017
Job Title: International PR Stakeholder and Engagement Officer
Working For: Medical Protection Society
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
MPS is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world. We assist our members with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that can arise when practising.
The International PR & Stakeholder engagement officer will work in our Member Engagement department and will contribute to the departments aims:
- To ensure the organisation understands the dynamics of the international markets in which we operate, ensuring MPS has appropriate services and products to achieve its objectives (acquisition, customer satisfaction, retention, income).
- To help create and deliver appropriate messaging that supports our strategy.
- To provide internal and external education and training to support strategy.
This role sits within both the Communications Department (inside the Member Engagement Division) and the newly formed International team.
The duties/purpose of the role include the following:
To implement plans to manage our reputation across a range of countries.
To lead on horizon scanning and keep stakeholder maps up to date. Ensure regular contact with stakeholders in government as well as key influencers and decision makers within the legal, medical, dental and commercial health communities.
Working collaboratively with the wider communications/international teams, ensure MPS and our brands are viewed favourably internationally and within each country.
Carefully monitor and horizon scan the legal, health and legislative environment in each country in partnership with local agencies.
Manage regular contact with stakeholders in government as well as key influencers and decision makers within the medical, dental and commercial health management communities.
Create and deliver impactful PR initiatives to increase awareness and engagement
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Evidence of increasing an organisation’s media profile
• Experience in government affairs
• Experience of stakeholder mapping and successfully delivering stakeholder engagement plans
• Experience of horizon scanning and identifying opportunities for engagement with government and senior stakeholders
Closing Date: 14 May 2017
Due to the urgent nature of this role we may appoint prior to the closing date so please submit applications as soon as possible.
To submit an application - please email a CV to email@example.com.