Date Added: 21 March 2017
: 30 April 2017
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: William Wragg MP (Hazel Grove)
Location: Marple, Stockport
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (from £19,650+ pro rata - 3 days per week). Dependent on experience
William Wragg MP is looking for a Caseworker to join his busy Constituency Office based in Marple town centre.
Part-time: 3 days per week preferred (Thursday & Friday + one other day).
The Caseworker is an essential part of William Wragg MP’s Office. You will have a high degree of contact with the public on behalf of the MP. You will be key in understanding any problems or issues they may have, and deciding how the MP can best help or assist to resolve their case.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, organised, with an interest in politics, but most importantly with a desire to help people. Experience of working in a political setting is an advantage but is not required - candidates with transferable skills gained in the business, public, or charitable sectors will be favourably considered.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Handling enquiries from members of the public
• Dealing with all types of correspondence and drafting responses to constituents
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Making further enquiries with the local Council, central Government, private companies, and other stakeholders
• Log and track all cases: monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Attending weekly surgery meetings and other meetings as appropriate
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The successful candidate will have:
• Good communication and listening skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong writing skills, with excellent attention to detail
• An ability to manage competing deadlines, to prioritise tasks, and to work independently
• Be highly organised and able to carry out a range of administrative duties
• A willingness to work as a team, with patience and good humour
• Excellent IT skills including word processing, Outlook, and internet research
• Past experience is useful but not essential as training will be given
As part of the role, will carry out typical office administration and support duties as well as the specific duties of the role. Travel throughout the constituency and occasional visits to Westminster may also be required.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the broad aims and objectives of the Conservative Party, however membership of the Party is not required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 April 2017
Interviews will be held in Marple (or London if preferred) on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
Please send a CV and a one page covering letter (in a separate Word document) briefly explaining would like to join William’s team and what you think makes you the right candidate.
Please send to William Wragg MP via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Constituency Caseworker Application”. If you have any questions about the role, please include these in your covering email.