Date Added: 22 March 2017
: 21 April 2017
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: Amanda Milling MP (Cannock Chase)
Location: Hednesford, Staffordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Amanda Milling MP is looking to appoint a full-time Junior Caseworker to assist her team in the day-to-day running of her Constituency office in Hednesford, Cannock Chase.
Based on a high street location in Hednesford, the constituency office is a shop that sees a large number of drop-in enquiries. The right candidate we will committed to helping individuals who seek the MP's help and committed to providing an excellent and helpful service to constituents.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, reliable and at ease working as part of a small team. He/she will demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks working under the supervision of the Senior Caseworker and the Office Manager.
Ideally the right candidate will have excellent written English skills, a focus on customer service and be a team player. Experience of casework or an MP's office is desired but not essential, as training will be given. Opportunities for progression will also be available to the right individual.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Proof reading casework documentation
• Assisting with casework
• Managing correspondence on local issues
• Handling telephone and walk-in enquiries
• General office administration and support
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
• Accompanying the MP on some constituency visits and surgeries
• Working with volunteers.
The following skills are essential:
• Excellent communication skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong written skills and attention to detail
• An excellent knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet
• Good academic record
• A team player.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 April 2017
Interviews will be held in April and we may appoint before the closing date.
Start date upon finding the right candidate.
Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
Please note only candidates who are asked to come for an interview will be contacted.