Date Added: 23 March 2017
: 23 May 2017
Job Title: Editorial Production Assistant
Working For: Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum
Reports to: Senior Production Manager.
The Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF) is looking for an organised and enthusiastic Editorial Production Assistant to join the Research team. This role will involve assisting with production of a portfolio of print and digital products.
• Print: Assisting with the production of two monthly magazines, annual research publication, books and bespoke reports. Typesetting; sourcing images; proofing; ensuring adherence to house style; liaising with authors.
• Digital: Uploading content onto digital platforms; assisting with daily email and website updates; development of continued digitisation across whole company.
• General Admin: Supporting the Research team in all aspects of administration, commissioning, planning and production of all output.
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent; demonstrated high degree of literacy and numeracy.
• Experience of working in an editorial or publishing team (previous employment, internship or work experience).
• An obsessive eye for accuracy, detail and consistency; proven ability to maintain standards to tight deadlines.
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop). Experience in using CRM and CMS also useful.
• Excellent standard of grammar and spelling, ability to integrate house style guide into written output, outstanding communication skills and experience of proofreading.
• An interest in, and understanding of, finance, economics, politics and international affairs.
Closing Date: 23 May 2017
We wish to interview applicants as soon as possible, with the start date also being as soon as possible.
Applicants should apply by email to jobs(at)omfif.org with the following documents:
• Up-to-date CV of no more than two pages.
• A separate, single-page, single-spaced covering letter of no more than one page.
Please send the above for the attention of Lauren Roberts and include 'Application for Editorial Production Assistant' in the email subject line.
Covering emails will not be accepted as substitutes for separate covering letters.