Date Added: 27 March 2017
: 27 May 2017
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Working For: Shiva Foundation
Salary: Commensurate with experience
As an Executive Assistant (EA), you will be a key member of Shiva Foundation’s operations team. You will report directly to Meenal, work intimately with the Strategy Lead at Shiva Foundation, and frequently engage with other staff members. You will provide critical support to Shiva Foundation’s leadership in the fulfillment of its mission.
You will support Meenal with her duties as local councillor including co-ordinating her activities and maintaining effective communication with advisors, local council, the Shiva Foundation team and the wider community. You will assist in managing the day-to-day work, as well as contributing to the planning of her wider strategic goals.
You will also assist Meenal on any other personal projects or research work.
Each aspect of the role will require substantive engagement with political, social impact and development issues.
There will also be an element of Events Management that will require significant coordination.
- Maintaining Meenal’s calendar and serving as the interface of correspondence to those seeking time with her; and providing Meenal with thorough and timely meeting preparation.
- Facilitating smooth and efficient communication between Meenal, Shiva Foundation staff, the local council and any other individuals/organisations in her network.
- Drafting email correspondence, short proposals, reports and commentary.
- Preparing travel logistics, time-sheets, and expense reports for Meenal and other senior team members as necessary.
- Providing research assistance to Meenal for live programmatic or organisational questions as they arise.
- Supporting Meenal’s business development responsibilities including pursuing leads, following up on meetings etc.
- Providing other project management support and leadership to Meenal and the Shiva Foundation operations team as needed, including basic technology troubleshooting.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating Shiva Foundation, local council and other relevant events.
- Supporting in a variety of operations team processes and logistics.
- Providing administrative support to Shiva Foundation’s senior staff.
- Coordinating engagement for Shiva Foundation’s senior staff, including phone conferences, video-conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Managing Meenal’s email account and phone line.
Closing Date: 27 May 2017
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please note that this role has the flexibility to be part-time. Please make it clear on your application if you have a preference.
Please send your CV, a cover letter (2 pages max) and a writing sample (5 pages max) to Nishma Jethwa at email@example.com.