Date Added: 28 March 2017
: 21 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Jack Lopresti MP (Filton and Bradley Stoke)
Location: Filton and Bradley Stoke
Salary: According to IPSA payscales, based on experience
Jack Lopresti MP is looking for a full-time member of staff to join his constituency office team. The ideal candidate will be bright, enthusiastic and have a keen interest in politics. You will be excited about working as part of a team, prepared to get involved in all office duties – and have a good sense of humour. Some previous experience in an MP's office would be an advantage but is not a requirement. Knowledge of the local area is also favourable but not essential. This position would suit a recent graduate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing, tracking and resolving a share of Jack’s casework
- Dealing with telephone enquiries; providing information, advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
- Assisting the Member with constituency surgeries
- Liaising with Government departments, local councils and other organisations to resolve constituency matters
- Drafting letters and emails, and maintaining detailed case records
Supporting and, in some cases, coordinating, local community campaigns
- Drafting articles for website and social media
- Monitoring local media for relevant stories, casework issues and news relevant to Jack’s work
The successful candidate must:
- Be educated to degree level
- Have proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, especially when it comes to writing letters and emails
- Be highly organised
- Have the ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 April 2017
Interviews will be held in Filton and Bradley Stoke. Responses to applications and invitations to interview will be sent out shortly after the closing date.
Please email a CV and covering letter describing why you feel you are the right candidate to join to firstname.lastname@example.org and put 'Application for Caseworker' position as the subject.