Date Added: 29 March 2017
: 21 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Flick Drummond MP (Portsmouth South)
Location: Constituency office in Portsmouth South
Salary: Circa £23,000 (full-time or part-time)
Travel around the constituency may be required. Must be willing to travel occasionally to the MP’s office in London.
Flick Drummond MP is looking for a Caseworker to join the team in her busy constituency office in Portsmouth South. Hours can be flexible to discuss on application. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with excellent casework management, oral and written communication skills, and IT skills. Need to work well in a small team and have a positive attitude.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to the MP’s constituents on a range of issues, examples are: housing, welfare, immigration and health, and help to resolve problems through liaison with government agencies, voluntary sector or other organisations.
Applicants should have an interest in local and national politics, and a strong awareness of the constituency of Portsmouth South.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and progress casework, and ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data and provide reports and briefings to the MP.
- Attend constituency surgeries and meetings.
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Drafting and mailing letters to constituents on a range of issues
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work.
- Excellent IT skills including a casework tracking system, MS Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook), Internet and Intranet.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, with a positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to draft reports, briefings, letters and emails to a high professional standard.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Good office administration skills.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 April 2017
Interview and start dates are to be decided and are negotiable. Interviews will be held in the constituency office in Portsmouth South.
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities, to: email@example.com.