Date Added: 29 March 2017
: 30 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Anne Main MP (St Albans)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Anne is looking to appoint a full-time caseworker to assist within a busy team environment. The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated, reliable and at ease working as part of a team and within the team structure. He/she will be able to manage a large workload, demonstrating a willingness and skill to undertake a variety of tasks including helping with constituency casework and policy queries.
The role will be to support the duties of the Senior Caseworker.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Handling a variety of casework enquiries
• Supporting the team with constituency issues
• Handling all telephone enquiries
• Providing briefings on constituency and casework matters
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
The following skills are essential:
• The ability to organise with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• An excellent knowledge of word processing, Outlook and the internet
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good academic record
• Sound knowledge of the issues handled by a Member of Parliament
• Good telephone manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 April 2017
Ideally the candidate will be available to start as soon as possible.
Where suitable applications are received before the closing date, they will be considered as they are received and an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter outlining why you want to work for an MP, and what qualities you could bring to the role, to email@example.com.