Date Added: 30 March 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Senior Conference Producer
Working For: Government Knowledge
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
To produce conferences which meet the needs of our target markets and therefore generate revenue and profit. To undertake focused research, write compelling conference programmes and associated copy, recruit speakers, run conferences on site and to assume ownership for the end to end process of running successful conferences.
• Assess viability of conference ideas
• Identify the target audience for a given conference idea and the most marketable angle on this topic
• Research content of conference programmes through telephone research
• Research markets for conference sponsorship, identify target markets for sponsorship and develop unique selling points (USPs) to drive sponsorship
• Research and record competitive events
• Identify influential trade associations and other possible partners and develop relationships
• Write cogent, marketable conference programmes based on research
• Identify potential add-ons to provide incremental revenue
• Take overall responsibility for the marketability of conference programmes
• Identify, approach and confirm suitable speakers
• Write effective sales copy for conference brochures and other promotional material as appropriate
• Take a strategic view of the positioning of the conference
• Manage workload to hit deadlines
Skills and Experience Required
• Ability to work closely and efficiently with all department heads to decide viability of concept
• A commercial attitude is required to ensure targets are met across the board
• A good ability to generate new ideas based on market and commercial requirements
• Ability to work on a number of complex projects at any given time
• A solid understanding of a broad range of private sector industry sectors
• An understanding of politics and hierarchy within government
Holidays and Benefits
• 23 days' annual holiday. Rising 1 day per year of service.
• The company also offers salary sacrifice benefits such as childcare vouchers and Ride to Work Scheme
• Gym membership
• Flexible Working opportunities
About the company
Sectors GovKnow Group service include: Fintech, Law, HR, Government and Policy, TMT, Procurement, Health, Education, Entrepreneurship, Energy & Environment.
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
The interview process will commence immediately.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.