Date Added: 30 March 2017
: 30 April 2017
Job Title: Project Officer
Working For: JAN Trust
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000 pro rata, dependent on experience (3 days a week)
Part-time, 3 days a week FTC 3 months. Further extension will be considered dependent on performance and funding. Flexibility is required as individual may be required to work extra days dependent on organisation need.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc
• Assisting the Director and Head of Operations
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues
• Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press and releases
• Writing articles
• Travel in the UK (paid for) and must be comfortable with this
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK and who is looking to develop their future in the not-for-profit sector. This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Closing Date: 30 April 2017
We are recruiting for the role ASAP and hence applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Email your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading of W4MP-PO-APR17.
Covering letter must state:
1. Your experience in meeting the job role
2. Why you would like to work for JAN Trust?
3. What you can bring to JAN Trust