Date Added: 30 March 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Communications Officer
Working For: Nia Griffith MP (Llanelli)
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Nia Griffith MP requires an energetic person to combine the roles of community engagement officer and caseworker, based in her office in Llanelli, and able to work across the constituency. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, well-organised, attentive to detail, confident with the public and thoroughly conversant with current affairs, at both national and local level. The role involves some evening and weekend work, and outdoor site visits.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deal with casework and policy queries, attend surgeries, draft letters and keep meticulous records
- Be pro-active on community engagement, including organising events and notifying target groups
- Prepare media briefings and deal with all aspects of social media
- Undertake routine office duties including liaising with the AM’s staff
The ideal candidate will have
- excellent interpersonal skills
- driving licence and unrestricted use of a car
- the ability to deal with casework, work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail
- proficiency in IT, including data management, websites and social media
- the ability to take the initiative and prioritise their workload
- sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Interviews on Friday 28th April, with starting date Monday 5th June.
Apply by email enclosing CV and covering letter and the names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com.