Date Added: 31 March 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Group Policy Executive
Working For: Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE)
Salary: £24,600 per annum plus benefits
The role involves working across ACE and our sister organisation, the Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) specialising in policy and external affairs. While the role is focused on environment and infrastructure policy, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to proactively engage with broader Group activities and, as such, will gain a wide range of skills.
Summary of role
• Assist with the development of policy papers and positons to support ACE/EIC’s lobbying activities and build relationships externally.
• Be responsible for sector specific committees on waste management and water, as well as the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Air Pollution.
• Contribute to the communications output of the group with significant responsibility for communications for EIC.
• Provide support to the PEA/EIC team on admin, events and other corporate matters.
• Ensure that ACE/EIC keeps abreast of and ahead of political changes and identify the key priorities facing members' businesses.
• Assist in the development of policy positions through contributing to the creation of policy papers and external engagement.
• Ensure that ACE/EIC committees on waste management and water remain proactive and their lobbying output is closely tied to member interests.
• Develop effective relationships with other professional, industry, political and third sector bodies.
• Support the delivery of ACE/EIC’s public affairs agenda.
• Deliver programme of work associated with the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Air Pollution.
• A degree or equivalent (Essential) in a relevant subject (Desirable)
• Strong interest in UK politics and environmental issues (Essential)
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including strong written English and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (Essential)
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations (Desirable)
• Ability to organise, prioritise and schedule work assignments (Essential)
• Ability to work in a team and to manage own workload (Essential)
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude (Essential)
See also http://eic-uk.co.uk/eic-home/386.
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
Interviews to commence ASAP.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
For more details please call Wendy on 020 7222 6557.