Date Added: 3 April 2017
: 21 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Political Assistant
Working For: Amjad Bashir MEP (Yorkshire and the Humber )
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Amjad Bashir MEP is seeking a full-time caseworker/political assistant to work in his regional MEP office in West Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and have an excellent work ethic. They should be able to manage a large workload and demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks. The role is offered as a fixed-term contract initially.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Corresponding with constituents on casework matters and responding to general constituent enquiries
• Handling telephone enquiries
• Draft responses and letters to constituents on casework issues
• General office administration and support
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third party organisations
• Providing information, advice and support for constituents on a range of issues
• Maintain confidentiality and work in accordance with data protection laws
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent telephone manner, communication, and IT skills (Microsoft packages, internet research and websites)
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong organisational skills
Occasional weekend work will be required.
Closing Date: 21 April 2017
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 24th April 2017.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com. In the subject heading of the e-mail, please put ‘Caseworker/Political Assistant Job Application’.