Date Added: 3 April 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: BritainThinks
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour
Duration: 3 months.
Hours: Full-time Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm, with the expectation that you will be able to work some evenings and early mornings.
We are a young and fast-growing independent insight and strategy consultancy that puts public and stakeholder opinion at the heart of our clients' thinking. Our research methodologies span all qualitative and quantitative techniques, and we have a diverse client base across the private, public and third sectors. We strongly encourage all potential applicants to take a look at our website for more information about who we are and what we do, including some previous reports: www.britainthinks.com.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working intern to join our team. The chosen candidate will be primarily responsible for providing logistical and analytical support on research projects, as well as providing administrative support in the office.
Interns at BritainThinks gain exposure to all elements of our work, including seeing focus groups and workshops live in action, and feeding in to the brainstorming and analysis process. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to embark on a career in social and market research or in communications.
- Have strong communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
- Have an excellent academic record
- Be organised and able to multi-task
- Have graduated or completed postgraduate studies in the past two years
- Have taken an interest in extra-curricular activities outside your studies or paid work to date
- Be able to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a high degree of proficiency
- Be able and willing to work full-time and some evenings or early mornings
- Be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Ideally you would also have some previous theoretical or practical exposure to qualitative or quantitative research methodologies (e.g. through academic studies or work experience)
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Application Deadline: 9am.
Start date: Late May.
Interviews: Week commencing 8th May. We will notify candidates shortlisted for interview by 2nd May at the latest. Please be aware that if you are shortlisted there will be a short written task to be completed ahead of a face to face interview in our offices at Somerset House.
If this sounds like you, please send the following to Max Templer at email@example.com:
1. A one page covering letter which clearly sets out:
- Why you're applying for an internship at BritainThinks
- Why you believe you are right for the role
- Any previous experience you have in managing a project or conducting research
2. Your CV
Please send both your CV and covering letter together in one attachment with your full name as the file name
Past applicants Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from individuals who have come in for interview previously.