Date Added: 4 April 2017
: 2 May 2017
Job Title: Research Assistant
Working For: European Interagency Security Forum (EISF)
Salary: £25,885 - £28,889 per annum
Fixed term contract for 6 months.
Full time – working 35 hours per week.
Location: Waterloo, London, UK.
The EISF Research Assistant will provide effective and efficient support to the EISF Research Advisor on the research projects and activities the Research Advisor is leading on.
- Assist the Research Advisor with EISF qualitative research projects, e.g. editing, proofreading, liaising with designers, background research, etc.
- Support the Research Advisor with the administration of the EISF online library, ensuring it is maintained.
- With the Research Advisor’s guidance, develop and edit regular contextual and thematic alerts and blogs for the EISF website.
- Support the Research Advisor in identifying emerging themes and gaps in NGO security risk management knowledge and capacity.
- Assist the EISF Secretariat in organising bi-annual EISF forums as well as specialist workshops and seminars.
Communications and social media
- Assist in the maintenance of EISF’s social media presence and identify content for the website on security-related issues.
- Support the EISF Secretariat’s knowledge management processes.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the EISF website and other online resources when necessary.
- Assist the EISF Secretariat team in a flexible manner with a variety of tasks as and when needed.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, development studies, politics, international relations, law)
- Experience of doing desk-based research
- Previous experience in the humanitarian NGO sector
- Strong communication skills in English, especially in writing and editing
- Good analytical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Close attention to detail, with a focus on high quality and accurate work outputs
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel for a minimum of two weeks per year
- Knowledge of NGO security risk management-related issues
- Knowledge of website content management systems (Wordpress)
- Experience of developing budgets and working within their constraints
Closing Date: 2 May 2017
To apply for this post please send your CV and cover letter to the EISF Administrator, Justina Amenu firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting:
- Your suitability for the role and interest in joining EISF
- Relevant research you have authored/contributed to
As this post is UK-based, non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.
For further details contact email@example.com.