Date Added: 4 April 2017
: 1 June 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Fundraiser
Working For: Afghanistan and Central Asian Association
Charity Number: 1096908
Salary: None (part-time, flexible hours to suit volunteer)
The Afghanistan & Central Asian Association (ACAA) is a grassroots, frontline, first-tier charity set up in 2001 by Dr Nasimi, himself a refugee who arrived in the UK in 1999 with his family, to promote British values and the integration of refugees and asylum seekers from Afghanistan and surrounding areas as well as local residents. We work to empower and support refugees and asylum seekers from Afghanistan and neighbouring countries through the provision of holistic services that enable successful integration. Our services include ESOL and citizenship classes, social and cultural events, trips and outings, mentoring, drop-in advice sessions and free legal surgery, employability and business training workshops, supplementary school for young people, Home Office Prevent Project and women’s group sessions. We aim to improve the life chances of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and empower individuals by providing access to vital information and skills to ensure they can actively participate in mainstream society. In 2013, ACAA received funding from DFID to launch two Citizens Advice Centres in Afghanistan which offer free legal advice and advocacy to vulnerable members of Afghan society, improving access to justice and promoting women’s empowerment.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to develop their fundraising skills within the voluntary sector and to contribute towards the sustainability and expansion of our services.
- Undertaking research on the issues and challenges facing our target group, finding and collating data on the population of Afghans in London boroughs etc
- Researching for funding opportunities to sustain and expand our services in the UK and Afghanistan
- Completing funding applications and proposals to grant-making trusts and companies
- Contacting embassies in Kabul to acquire tendering, contracting and funding opportunities
- Organising fundraising events to secure unrestricted funds
- Strong interest in the work of the ACAA
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Interest in supporting refugees and the most vulnerable
- Interest in working with first-tier grassroots charities
- Fundraising experience
Please note this position is voluntary and therefore hours are flexible.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 1 June 2017
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this voluntary position, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.