Date Added: 5 April 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Press Officer
Working For: JustGiving
Salary: £150 - £250 per day
In-house, Freelance Press Officer.
JustGiving is looking for a freelance press officer to join their small, agile in-house editorial team.
The post would be on a rolling contract for up to 12 months with the possibility of it being extended beyond that.
You will be tasked with:
- Surfacing the most powerful, inspirational stories on our platform
- Identifying and developing bigger narratives about the impact of the JustGiving community
- Hijacking and driving the news agenda to win coverage in major traditional and digital media outlets
You will be:
- A journalist or a communications expert who can think and act like a journalist to research, develop and produce news stories for social media and online platforms
- A social media and news junkie adept at finding must-read stories, interested in experimenting to find innovative ways to present them to an audience
- Compassionate and empathetic, able to tell extremely emotional and empowering stories
- Strong, adaptable writing style and proven skills in reporting, news-gathering, interviewing and feature writing
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible
- Experience working with writers and journalists to create compelling, shareable web videos of all types
- An ability to dig into data and visualise stories with compelling graphics to bring data to life
- Experience creating web videos using tools such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Photoshop or comparable applications
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
This is an immediate and urgent vacancy, so please get in touch as soon as possible.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0207 0422818.
We will try to respond to all applicants.