Date Added: 6 April 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: George Freeman MP (Mid Norfolk)
Location: Wymondham, Mid Norfolk
Salary: In accordance with IPSA payscales
George is looking to expand his team with an employed Intern to join his experienced Constituency office team. This role would be based in Wymondham (NR18 0BQ) but could include the occasional trip to Westminster in order to support the Member with relevant work there (with travel expenses to Westminster covered). This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will be a pro-active and hardworking individual, educated to A levels or beyond, with strong communication, IT, and organisational skills. The role will require a flexible attitude and the ability to manage a heavy workload.
Ideally full time, but could consider a part-time role for the right candidate.
• Learning how to help manage and respond to casework
• Dealing with regular queries from members of the public
• Assisting with letters/emails
• Preparing surgeries and other meetings with Member
• Provide briefings on issues to support the Member's work
• Assisting on other projects as required
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and
• General office administration and logistical support as required.
Skills and Values
• Strong communication and organisational skills and able to take the initiative
• Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• IT Skills (Microsoft packages, internet research, website content management)
• Knowledge of the British political system
• Excellent project management
• Attentive to detail and
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
This position could suit a recent graduate or an individual looking to gain valuable political and office-based experience.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Interviews are expected to take place in Norfolk shortly after closing date.
Applications should send their CV with a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Hilary Gauthier. Please feel free to telephone Hilary for an informal chat about the position on 01953 600617 after the 17th April 2017.