Date Added: 6 April 2017
: 5 May 2017
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Mark Pawsey MP (Rugby)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mark is looking to appoint a full-time constituency based Caseworker. The successful applicant will be based in Rugby and will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated, reliable and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Mark's constituents and must be able to manage a large, and varied, workload.
Applicants should have strong knowledge of the local area and have an interest in both local and national politics.
Responsibilities will include
● Manage and progress all casework, ensuring all cases are logged and that appropriate action is taken
● Analyse, evaluate and interpret data and provide reports and briefings relating to casework to the MP
● Gather relevant information to progress and resolve cases brought to the MP’s attention
● Liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector and other organisations to resolve cases
● Drafting and mailing letters to constituents on a wide range of issues
● Research local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
● Handling all telephone enquiries into the constituency office
● Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
● Attending MP’s weekly advice surgeries and other meetings appropriate
The following skills are essential
● The ability to organise with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
● Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
● Good telephone manner and able to deal with difficult situations
● Excellent IT skills
● Excellent office administration skills
● Able to work to a high standard whether independently or as part of a small team
● Ability to produce reports, briefings, letters and emails to a high professional standard
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 May 2017
Ideally the candidate will start as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held in Mark's Rugby office.
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities, to Yousef Dahmash - email@example.com.