Date Added: 7 April 2017
: 23 April 2017
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Working For: Darren Millar AM (Clwyd West)
Location: Cardiff Bay
Salary: £24,078 - £33,983
This is a senior post based at the National Assembly for Wales in Cardiff Bay.
The successful applicant will:
- Ideally be supportive of the principles and values of the Welsh Conservative Party
- Provide a high quality secretarial service
- Undertake research, provide advice and briefings relevant to Darren’s constituency work and his Shadow Cabinet responsibilities
- Draft speaking notes and occasional press releases/articles
- Monitor and respond to Assembly activities
- Table written/oral questions, motions and amendments
- Work with Darren in dealing with correspondence
- Organise meetings, receptions and events with constituents and stakeholders at the National Assembly for Wales
- Undertake occasional casework
- Other responsibilities relating to the Darren’s role as required
The following are considered essential:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Sound judgement
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency with ICT
- Organised and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please note that this post may require occasional evening work and visits to the Clwyd West constituency in North Wales as required.
Closing Date: 23 April 2017
Interviews: By arrangement.
Start date: June 2017 (date to be agreed with successful candidate).
For more information and to apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, addressed to Darren Millar AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff Bay, CF99 1NA. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.