Date Added: 7 April 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Intern
Working For: Lansons
Lansons, a well-established, successful and ambitious communications consultancy is looking for a Public Affairs intern to bolster its public affairs offer. This is a fast-paced support role in which you would be working as an integral member of client teams. Experience in public affairs or politics would help equip you for the role and allow you start with confidence.
The role is varied and some of the responsibilities include:
- Research for client projects and new business
- Providing political monitoring for clients
- Assisting in planning for events, including liaison with venues and suppliers
- Attending brainstorms to develop ideas for client programmes
- Drafting briefing documents to brief clients ahead of meetings
- Attending weekly team meetings and being responsible for weekly actions document
- Contributing to a number of accounts
- Networking and building your contact base within the industry
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Parliamentary processes in Westminster with a developing network of contacts in public affairs and Parliamentary worlds. A keen eye for detail, proactivity, strong communication and collaboration skills and excellent organisation skills are essential. An ability to handle and respond effectively to tasks which need a quick response will be necessary. The role will also include a need to be able to confidently communicate with senior colleagues and external individuals.
It will require a good working knowledge and experience in using social media and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office.
If you have an interest in politics and current affairs, the news, the media and business and what makes them tick and thrive on making things happen, we would love to hear from you.
The internship is for four months.
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
Interviews will begin the w/c 10 April 2017 and we're looking to appoint someone as soon as possible
Please send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter or email to set out why you think you would add value to Lansons and your availability.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to acknowledge every application.