Date Added: 10 April 2017
: 30 April 2017
Job Title: Policy & Communications Assistant
Working For: Agenda
Reporting to: Director, Agenda.
Purpose of role: To support and assist with Agenda’s Policy & Communications work.
Headline terms and conditions
Contract: 1 year fixed-term contract (with the possibility of extension). Requests for flexible or P/T working considered.
Benefits: access to a defined contribution pension and 25 days per year + three working days between Christmas and New Year.
Location: The Young Foundation, Bethnal Green, London E2
• Monitor the external environment and relevant policy, parliamentary and political developments and provide regular updates within the organisation
• Assist with Agenda’s communications work through drafting media releases, web copy, briefings and other copy as required for a range of audiences
• Proactively manage Agenda’s website and support the Communications & Campaigns Manager in managing Agenda’s social media presence
• Manage and organise events e.g. drafting and sending out briefings and invites, coordinating responses, liaising with venues and organising logistics.
• Provide administrative support including diary management, travel booking, invoice processing etc
• Attend meeting and events as required
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required
• Excellent admin, organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing written materials for different audiences
• Good understanding of the political environment and the ability to understand and engage with complex policy issues
• Demonstrable interest in and understanding of social policy issues related to gender equality, social exclusion and poverty
• Commitment to social justice and to upholding the rights of women and girls
• Able to develop collaborative working relationships
Closing Date: 30 April 2017
Interviews are likely to be held week commencing 8th May 2017.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to Applications@youngfoundation.org detailing how you meet the criteria set out in the full job description.