Date Added: 11 April 2017
: 9 June 2017
Job Title: Researcher - Westminster Media Forum and Westminster eForum
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Help produce seminars on technology and media policy that make headlines and move forward thinking on some of the most important live policy issues.
Please see the Westminster Media Forum and Westminster eForum sections on our website for further details on the current programme.
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
• For media professionals across TV, radio, print and the internet, and their advisors and for policy makers in Parliament, Whitehall and the world of regulation; as well as media-related sectors in telecoms and technology; for academics, journalists and commentators; and for a wide range of citizens and interest groups.
• Demanding but rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart
• Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
• Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
• Liaising with speakers and our Parliamentary chairs
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
What we’re looking for
• A quick learner who can hit the ground running
• Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
• Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality)
• Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 100-strong team is always on hand.
Closing Date: 9 June 2017
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Jo Hibburt (HR Officer) indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role firstname.lastname@example.org.