Date Added: 11 April 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Engagement Coordinator
Working For: Speakers for Schools
Salary: £22,000 - £23,000
Speakers for Schools works with over 1000 high-profile speakers and organises over 800 school events a year.
Our charity requires an Engagement Coordinator to process and drive forward engagement with hundreds of speakers each year, ensuring they are mobilised and managed across the year at a fast, effective pace and helping set them up with an appropriate school. The ideal candidate will be looking for a demanding post in a small, entrepreneurial charity, as a conscientious team member with a strong interest in education and state schools. On a team of 3 you will help in facilitating talks through high-volume liaising over the phone/email to connect speakers and schools for a successful S4S engagement.
Please note this is not an event management role and is an office-based position liaising, mobilising and tracking on a database, reporting to the Programme Manager. See our website for more information.
- Manage a large network of our speakers and offices for their annual participation, liaising with both speakers and schools, ensuring professional communication on phone and email throughout
- Tracking results in database (Salesforce)
- Strategically select and coordinate schools with right speakers to ensure event is taken forward
- 2+ yrs' experience in a similar professional environment (office based, permanent);
- Experience in an externally facing position, managing relationships/liaising with a high-volume of stakeholders
- Good level of education (BSc equivalent), demonstrating capability in producing written content and briefs
- Excellent telephone manner and able to manage relations with very senior offices; excels at liaising with and managing relationships at all levels
- Comfort and confidence in working with technology and data management
- Basic knowledge of the UK school system (non-university)
- Excels at organising their workload and enjoys driving work forward independently
- Strategic thinker able to change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
- Takes pride in preforming at a high level producing quality outcomes
- Understands and enjoys the demands of working in a dynamic environment and small team; able to work collaboratively and flexibly
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Interviews will start 3rd week of April.
This position will start in early May; please do not wait until the deadline to apply to ensure an opporutnity for an interview.
To apply please submit a short covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without covering letters will not be considered. Please be sure to detail why this post appeals to you and your interest in being a part of our charity's work. If applicable please include details of any considerations such as notice period and preferred start date.
Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK and no more than a 4 week notice period if appointed.