Date Added: 11 April 2017
: 2 May 2017
Job Title: Events Administrator
Working For: City of London Corporation
Salary: £22,010 inclusive of inner London weighting allowance + overtime (up to £4,000 PA)
The City Remembrancer’s Office is responsible for organising events at the historic City of London Guildhall in the heart of the Square Mile. The City Events Team organises each year a remarkable range of nationally important events, from lectures by political and business leaders to banquets for visiting Heads of State. The Lord Mayor’s Banquet in November each year is a highlight.
We are a small and friendly team dedicated to producing the highest quality events. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organised individual with excellent administrative and communication skills.
The post would suit an ambitious person, with some previous event experience. The successful candidate will be able to prioritise a diverse and heavy workload and work flexibly. High quality written and oral communication skills, strengths as a team player, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy are essential. He or she should be equally at home with long term planning and short term detail.
- Acting as the main point of contact for enquiries relating to City hosted events
- Researching guest lists, issuing invitations and recording responses for events
- Placing orders with suppliers and monitoring event budgets to ensure costs are contained and audit requirements met
- Assisting with table plan development and drafting ceremonial briefing notes and other correspondence and documentation
- Responding to enquiries about arrangements for individual events
- Producing seating cards, menu cards, seating plans and other documents.
- Experience of corporate/ commercial events in a professional environment
This is a one year fixed term contract post.
Closing Date: 2 May 2017
To apply, please apply online at www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/jobs
Please contact 020 7332 3978 (24 hr answerphone) quoting reference number REM072 if you experience any problems. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.