Date Added: 11 April 2017
: 12 May 2017
Job Title: Senior Account Manager
Working For: Hume Brophy
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Manager to join Hume Brophy’s fast growing UK Public & Corporate Affairs practice. This London-based practice advises our clients on integrated strategic communications campaigns and public affairs and works closely with our other international teams in financial services and healthcare.
We are looking for an individual with at least 4-5 years’ relevant experience to play a senior role on several accounts and projects across a range of sectors to deliver high-quality work for clients.
Reporting to Account Directors and Directors, you will play a senior role on a number of accounts and projects, manage teams to support the needs of clients and deliver on objectives, and help with the strategic direction of accounts. You will have a strong understanding of the UK Parliament and the workings of Westminster and experience serving clients in public affairs consultancy. You will also have an understanding of how media impacts on politics and public affairs, and vice versa.
Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are essential, along with an ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to often stringent deadlines. You will also contribute to business development opportunities on an ongoing basis, assist in targeted marketing of the company to existing and prospective clients, and ensure effective internal communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate leadership skills while managing account teams to deliver high-quality work on client accounts and ensure proper campaign planning and reporting.
- Monitor and anticipate revenues and profitability of accounts in support of Directors.
- Maintain a strong understanding of clients’ core sectors in order to provide strategic counsel on strategies, messaging and tactics, and anticipate issues that could arise.
- Contribute to and cultivate business development opportunities, including writing proposals, delivering pitches and strategic presentations.
- Ensure effective and efficient internal communications, keeping senior team members abreast of ongoing projects, issues or risks.
- Manage collaborative writing projects across the business, including with colleagues in locations outside the UK, displaying excellent written and oral communication.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of junior staff members.
Closing Date: 12 May 2017
This role is for an immediate start and we reserve the right to appoint prior to the close for applications.
Please submit a CV and covering letter quoting ‘PA SAM’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.