Date Added: 12 April 2017
: 29 April 2017
Job Title: Education Finance Campaign Manager
Working For: Malala Fund
Salary: £50,000 per year or more
This is a full-time position.
2017 is a critical year for the global education sector. Significant new sources of financing are needed to reach the Sustainable Development Goals’ (SDGs) commitment to ensure all girls have access to free, safe, quality primary and secondary education. Malala Fund wants to play a major role in getting governments around the world to increase their investments in education. As a member of the Programmes & Advocacy team, the Education Finance Campaign Manager will manage Malala Fund’s work on this topic – one of the organisation’s top strategic priorities for the coming year.
The ideal candidate is an excellent networker and relationship builder, and possesses strong political instincts and a strategic mind. Ideal candidates have a track record of managing complex cross organisational work projects that show creativity and adaptability in reaching new decision-making audiences to influence policy.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and maintain a strong network of contacts across the education sector and beyond, ensuring Malala Fund is operating with the latest intelligence on developments in education financing.
- Represent Malala Fund in cross-sector and coalition working, identifying strategic opportunities to work with allies and influence decision makers.
Internal Communications, Planning & Management:
- Manage cross-organisational communications on Malala Fund’s education financing work.
- Lead regular cross-organisational meetings and planning events.
- Draft and disseminate relevant briefing materials to staff, consultants and grantees.
- Work with the Communications team to develop campaign narratives and supporter mobilisation strategies.
- Support Communications team in gathering the assets (eg, stories, photos).
- Work with the Malala Fund’s Advocacy and Communications teams to plan and deliver high-level public events at key advocacy moments as needed.
- Good knowledge of issues affecting girls’ secondary education.
- Experience developing and implementing high-profile advocacy campaigns.
- Articulate communication skills with the ability to distil complex ideas and large amounts of data into concise overviews and reports.
Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Closing Date: 29 April 2017
This position will remain open until filled.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating "Education Finance Campaign Manager" in the subject line of the email.