Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Anna Soubry MP (Broxtowe)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Anna Soubry is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to work in her Westminster office, full-time, on a permanent basis.
It is essential that the successful candidate has had previous experience of working in Parliament or in a similar role.
The main responsibilities of the role are: researching material, diary management, preparing briefings, liaising with media contacts and assisting with general office administration.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of the diary
- Undertaking research thoroughly and accurately. Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data on key issues.
- Drafting Parliamentary Questions, developing a knowledge of relevant legislation and drafting written correspondence on a range of issues.
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post and required by the Member.
- It is essential the applicant has experience working in Parliament as a Parliamentary Assistant/Researcher or similar position.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize a heavy workload, work under pressure and work well as part of a team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office.
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
Canddidates may be appointed before the closing date.
CV and 1 page covering letter to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.