Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 27 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Lucy Frazer MP (South East Cambridgeshire)
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Salary: In line with IPSA scale, (3 days a week)
Lucy is looking for someone to assist with casework and community liaison within the constituency. The applicant must have a willingness to help others, good organisational skills, oral and written communication skills, and IT skills.
The applicant will need to be able to work in a small team and have a positive attitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and progress casework, and ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data and provide reports and briefings to the MP.
- Attend constituency surgeries and meetings.
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work.
- Manage projects.
An ability to communicate with others, good IT skills, an ability to draft letters, briefings and emails, and to work independently as well as to work well in a team. The applicant must share the values of the Conservative party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 April 2017
The start date is negotiable. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org