Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Campaigns Officer
Working For: Royal College of General Practitioners
Salary: £30,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced campaigner to support high profile campaigns at the forefront of debates on the future of healthcare across the UK. The successful individual will plan and implement high-impact campaigns to generate support for the RCGP’s policy aims across a range of audiences. The role will have a focus on workforce issues such as the need to recruit and retain GPs.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track recording of bring about change through campaigning activity, utilising the full range of communication channels and campaigning techniques. They will be able to engage with decision makers and opinion formers and use a variety of communication channels to gain support for policy positions. And they will bring experience of planning and delivering projects and a strong understanding of the UK health system and the issues affecting general practitioners
The post holder will:
- Plan and execute high profile cross college campaigns in agreed priority areas, securing buy in as required from the appropriate decision making structures.
- Work with policy and research colleagues to identify, commission and undertake research that will provide an evidence base for campaigns and help to drive them forward.
- Generate storylines that will help to propagate our campaign messages.
- Work with press office colleagues to ensure that campaigns get out their key messages using the full range of communication channels, including the mainstream social media.
- Drive the delivery of the RCGP’s engagement with key external decision makers and opinion formers, proactively securing meetings with decision makers and opinion formers.
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent work experience
In return, the College offers excellent terms and conditions.
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Interview date: TBC