Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 28 April 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Maggie Throup MP (Erewash)
Location: Community Office, Ilkeston
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Maggie Throup, the Member of Parliament for Erewash, is seeking to appoint a Caseworker to her Community Office team, based in Ilkeston (Derbyshire).
The core responsibility for the Caseworker will be the professional management and resolution of all incoming constituent enquiries, portraying a professional, responsible and positive image at all times. The Caseworker will be competent in handling a varied caseload and be flexible in their approach to work.
The successful candidate will be able to work on a self-directed basis, but also operate as part of a close-knit team, demonstrating both the ability to work under pressure whilst providing a highly responsive customer service.
All training and development will be provided alongside a robust induction programme.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate.
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Members’ office.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Due to the large scope of this new role, we are willing to consider applications from a wide range of experience levels.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
Interviews week commencing 15th May 2017, with a start date soon after.
For further information about the role please contact Ian Gutteridge on either 0207 219 6571 or by emailing email@example.com.
Please send a copy of your CV together with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked with the subject line “Caseworker – YOUR NAME”.