Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 18 May 2017
Job Title: Press and Events Officer
Working For: Open Britain
Salary: £24k - £27k, depending on experience
Open Britain, the cross-party, grassroots campaign leading the fight against a hard, destructive Brexit, is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join our busy team.
We are looking for someone with experience of organising events like speeches, panel discussions and press conferences and in building the right audience for them. In addition, the right candidate will have the skillset of an experienced press officer.
We are searching for an exceptional individual who can help increase the campaign’s rising profile, particularly beyond Westminster. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, who can hit the ground running and juggle a demanding workload.
• Planning, organising and delivering high-profile events and audience building.
• Dealing with enquiries from the media and the public.
• Develop and pitch proactive stories based on Open Britain’s campaign aims.
• Drafting press releases and opinion pieces for publication.
• Organising and managing bids for spokespeople on broadcast.
• Building relationships with journalists, key spokespeople and third-party stakeholders.
Experience and Skills Required
• A commitment to the aims and principles of Open Britain.
• Experience of organising high-profile events and audience building.
• High-quality written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgement.
• Regular interaction with print and broadcast journalists.
• News sense and an understanding of the political media environment.
• Experience of working in a political environment is a bonus.
Closing Date: 18 May 2017
Interviews will be held in London in the week commencing Monday 22nd May 2017.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position and your relevant experience to email@example.com