Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 31 May 2017
Job Title: Response Manager
Working For: Solace Global Risk
Purpose of job:
Coordination of Solace response operations, tasks, resources, staff and contractors to ensure the effective delivery of managed security and crisis/evacuation solutions to company operations as directed.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Intricate knowledge of Solace Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Incident/Emergency Procedures.
• Keep Solace customers and staff safe wherever they are in the world.
• Focus on Africa for intelligence and report writing.
• Monitoring of security and other events, staff and customers globally.
• Advising customers and staff 24/7 about events that impact them. Screening, prioritising, grading and publishing security alerts into the Solace Secure Platform.
• Providing security advice for customers intending to travel or already in locations around the world.
• Scoping, proposing, contracting, planning and managing journey management tasks around the world for corporate customers.
• Liaising with and building the Solace Global Provider Network.
• Responding to crisis events around the world to keep customers safe, including if required immediate lifesaving advice protocols through to managing their evacuation to a safe location.
• Liaison with clients regarding security requirements, management of their expectations and delivery of exemplary operational outcomes in accordance with Solace SOPs.
• Ensure operational records are completed correctly; to satisfy internal and external audits, these critically include export control regulations and restrictions.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Essential: Excellent written and verbal communications. Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment. A proactive person with the ability to perform under pressure. Excellent administration skills with a keen eye for detail. Excellent computer skills, experience with MS Office applications. Interest in and good knowledge of current affairs. Excellent spoken and written English. Ability to work with often little direct supervision.
• Desirable: Experience of responding to critical incidents. Second language. Intelligence analysis experience. Knowledge of African politics and culture.
Other important features or requirements of the job:
• Work a 12 hr shift of 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off
Closing Date: 31 May 2017
Interviews will begin as soon as possible and will continue until the right candidate is found.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. You can also use this e-mail address if you wish to access the full role profile.