Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 4 May 2017
Job Title: External Affairs Manager
Working For: Aggregate Industries
Salary: Attractive salary plus car allowance and excellent benefits
A wide-ranging, high-profile role as an External Affairs Manager with Aggregate Industries, a member of the LafargeHolcim Group and a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers.
The successful candidate will provide advice and support on external affairs and external communications within the Company. Furthermore, candidates will be responsible in maintaining a high standard/quality of communication with external stakeholders, in line with the Aggregate Industries communication strategy, whilst ensuring maximum brand awareness and the desired reputation perception.
- Elaborates, submits for approval and implements the external affairs communication strategy of the company, in line with the overall company strategy and business plan priorities.
- Monitors and reports on current and future regulations and legislation relevant to Aggregate Industries.
- Develops and manages constructive relationships constructive relationships and communication partnerships with internal and external stakeholders of the Company, government bodies, NGOs, business associations, mass media and Lobby/PR/creative agencies.
- Provides relevant political intelligence, reports and analysis to the business
- Manages the Key Stakeholder mapping for the business and provides support on relationship management
- Engaging external parties on our sustainable development policies
- Helping to define and manage our external reputation.
Educated to Degree level, you have a proven track record in external affairs, ideally within the construction or a related sector. You’ll have excellent business and report-writing skills and real strengths in analysis and research, together with project/programme management. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and, in addition to having excellent all-round communication skills, your additional attributes include:
- Comfort in operating to targets with a high degree of autonomy
- First-class IT-literacy
- A proven history of building strong relationships to influence key stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
There has not been a more important or interesting time to influence government policy around housing, infrastructure and highways.
Closing Date: 4 May 2017
If we’ve just described you and your career aspirations, then please send a CV and covering letter to Ioana Borangic at email@example.com
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees to demonstrate the Company’s commitment to equality of opportunity.