Date Added: 13 April 2017
: 13 June 2017
Job Title: Policy and Government Relations Advisor
Working For: A client of Ellwood Atfield
Salary: £40,000 & Benefits
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with one of the UK’s foremost building and built industry bodies. The organisation has a leading profile in the built environment, working on employment, education, and promoting apprenticeships.
The role will be responsible for working on briefing materials and assisting in policy engagements Westminster. The role requires an eye to detail with an ability to communicate and engage with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Work with the in-house policy and research experts to develop an evidence base for the organisations influencing activities.
- Raise awareness of the organisation with key influencers, creating ‘Ambassadors’ for the organisation amongst national political stakeholders.
- Support the organisation in building relationships with national and local government in England.
- Monitor and disseminate responses to key announcements on issues that impact the skills policy environment.
- Develop a range of influencing material including reports, papers, briefings, Manifestos and updates.
- Respond to Government consultations affecting the organisation and its operating environment, ensuring organisational and industry engagement and support.
- Provide support to the External Relations Team and press office to help establish and communicate their policy narrative.
You will possess:
- A good understanding of the political system and how the process works in Wesminster
- Political awareness
- Planning, managing, implementing and evaluating proactive political engagement campaigns, including policy development
- Experience of working with MPs, Ministers, civil servants and local government
- Ability to engage the media on political issues
- Ability to publish to the web and use standard packages
- Experience of adhering to processes and procedures, in line with business excellence
- Working with senior managers to provide measured media advice
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with senior stakeholders
Closing Date: 13 June 2017
This opportunity has a lot to offer the right candidate alongside an excellent salary and top end benefits package. For further details please apply.
To apply for this position please click the apply button to upload your CV & quote JCPubGovA