Date Added: 18 April 2017
: 24 April 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Syed Kamall MEP
Salary: Salary Negotiable with Experience
Dr Syed Kamall, MEP for London and leader of the Conservatives and Reformists Group in the European Parliament, is looking for a Parliamentary Researcher to join his Brussels office. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, driven individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment. Tasks will include working on a range of issues and campaigns, supporting the media team with social and traditional media, providing administrative support within the office, writing and researching briefing material and managing casework. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to play a key role in a high profile political office as the UK government negotiates a new relationship with the European Union.
- Administrative tasks within the office, including financial administration, diary support, travel arrangements, logistics and day-to-day assistance.
- Overseeing constituency casework.
- Suggesting and helping to create content for social media.
- Drafting articles, press releases, briefingss, speaking notes, research papers and reports.
- Cooperation with other political offices across the political spectrum.
- Flexible working hours with frequent travel (at least one week a month in Strasbourg).
The successful candidate will have:
- A good understanding of the work of the European Parliament and the European Union.
- A good understanding of the British political scene and issues of concern to constituents
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A good grasp of social media; including the ability to upload content to multiple platforms
- The ability to process information quickly, often of a detailed and precise nature.
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills.
- A excellent grasp of all Microsoft office programmes and Outlook, with knowledge of other software
- A discreet and professional attitude.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- A commitment to the Conservative Party and the aims of the British government during the Article 50 process.
The successful candidate must be a fluent English speaker with other language(s) desirable, but not essential.
Closing Date: 24 April 2017
Closing date Monday 24th of April. Start date 22nd of May.
To apply, please submit a detailed CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position. Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘PARLIAMENTARY RESEARCHER APPLICATION’.