Date Added: 18 April 2017
: 9 May 2017
Job Title: Press and Communications Officer
Working For: Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 plus generous benefits
Full time, permanent
Do you have a passion for the environment? Are you an effective communicator?
The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management exists to advance the science of water and environmental management for the public benefit. We are looking for someone to significantly build the public, professional and media profile of a growing organisation of increasing repute.
Responsibilities include coordination of all press and media interactions and to build CIWEM’s reputation as a reliable source of information and expertise on water and environment issues. This role will also be responsible for all digital email communications and social media account management, generating and distributing content as well as providing guidance and reporting on performance.
This is a full time position based in Farringdon, London. CIWEM offers a generous benefits package including 25 days’ leave, generous pension scheme, private health and dental insurance.
• At least two years’ experience in a press or communications position with experience of writing press releases and coordinating press activities.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject such as English, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism. An interest or previous experience in geography/water/environmental sciences is also crucial.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and engage effectively within a team as well as networking and promoting CIWEM externally.
• Previous responsibility for an organisation’s social media accounts, with strong digital communications skills.
• Demonstrable website / CMS experience.
• Able to cope well under pressure and work independently.
• Ability to write different styles of copy, understand technical content and make this accessible to a wider audience.
• Experience of monitoring press and social media coverage.
Closing Date: 9 May 2017
Interviews will be held: Friday 12th May 2017
Start date: immediate.
Online job description: http://www.ciwem.org/vacancies
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter, stating why you are well suited to the position, to: Alastair.email@example.com
Application acknowledgement: we will acknowledge receipt of your application. Because we are aiming to interview within three days of the application closing date, if you have not heard back from us by this point then please assume that your application has not been successful.