Date Added: 18 April 2017
: 31 May 2017
Job Title: PR & Public Affairs Internship
Working For: M&F Health
Salary: National Minimum Wage
M&F Health is an independent communications consultancy which specialises in health and wellbeing. Through fresh thinking, we are totally focused on making an impact for our clients delivering creative, dynamic, and intelligent campaigns.
This role is ideal for those wishing to explore a career in public affairs and PR. Experience in either a public affairs and/or PR environment and a background or strong interest in health would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will play a supporting role to the integrated Political, Stakeholder Counsel and PR team, and will have an opportunity to gain valuable public affairs and public relations experience through cross-sector working.
Core tasks will include:
- Undertaking daily media (including social media) monitoring
- Developing social media schedules and content calendars
- Compiling weekly political monitoring reports
- Researching for communication plans and proposals
- Supporting the team to deliver communications objectives to plan
- Creating and distributing press releases and other media facing materials
- Building and updating media lists and databases
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending various events
- Performing research and market analysis activities
- Assisting with mailings, print production
- Supporting our client’s busy press offices
- Supporting team members with administrative duties
- Providing policy briefings
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion for PR and particularly health and wellbeing PR
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organisational abilities – ability to juggle a number competing priorities, and to seek advice and guidance from colleagues when needed
- Political and campaigning awareness
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Hands on approach to work
- Strong digital campaigning skills
- Good IT skills and understanding of social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Attention to detail
For more information about M&F, please visit our website: http://www.munroforster.com/
Closing Date: 31 May 2017
Interviews and start date to commence as soon as possible. Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date.
The internship is for three months with the potential of it being longer.
Please submit your CV and a brief covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we will not be able to contact individuals due to the large amount of applications we receive. So, if you don’t hear from us, you can assume that your application was not successful at this time.