Date Added: 22 June 2017
: 29 June 2017
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Mohammad Yasin MP (Bedford)
Location: Bedford and Kempston
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scales
The Senior Caseworker will provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues, leading on complex and significant case work and supervising other caseworkers. Applicants will have previous case work experience; experience of managing people is also desirable. Experience in housing, immigration and finance (welfare/debt) issues is an advantage.
Applicants will be professional at all times, with a desire to be part of a busy, high performing constituency team dedicated to providing the best service to constituents in Bedford and Kempston.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of significant and/or complex issues through liaison with other agencies.
- Supervise and support other team members in the provision of advice and support to constituents.
- Maintain the highest standards of constituent care through the lifecycle of every matter – including quick responses, continued updating and swift resolution.
- Ensure the effective use of document and case management systems to methodically and accurately record, categorise and close matters.
- Attend surgeries as appropriate with the Member of Parliament.
- Book surgery venues and ensure that dates are publicised.
- Provide regular briefings of new, continuing and closing casework to the Member of Parliament.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures.
- Provide secretarial services as and when required by the Member of Parliament.
- Attend training as required and identify the training needs of other staff.
- To act in line with data protection laws, the principles of public life and other relevant compliance and policy requirements including constituent care service levels and branding guidelines.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of casework or a similar role.
- Good knowledge of key policy issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a large team.
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office (Caseworker.mp experience is highly desirable.)
- Sympathy with Labour Party values.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 June 2017
Interviews from 30th June 2017 - to be arranged directly with applicants. Immediate start preferable.
Please note this role may include some evening and/or weekend work as agreed with the Member of Parliament.
Applicants should apply by emailing their CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum 600 words) setting out why they are the right person for the job to: email@example.com.
Please note that the Member of Parliament will have minimal involvement in the shortlisting process and applications made not following the above process will not be considered. All shortlisted candidates will receive feedback.